History Center Zajezdnia - Wroclaw - Poland
The building was an old bus depot but also a very important place in a history of the city. The depot was established in 1892 for the company ESB and in 1924 was transferred to SSB.
During the Second World War it was heavily damaged, it prevented it‘s full return to usual activities. Until 1963 it was used as a warehouse, then renovated and allocated to the needs of the bus depot of the city of Wrocław. This is where a Wrocław’s Solidarność, a social movement that used the methods of civil resistance advanced the causes of workers‘ rights and social change, was born with the strike in 1980. Now it is hosting a cultural center that is focusing on the postwar history of the city.
[project selected by Serafina Wojciechowska]